Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Assembly

On top of the motor mount bridge is space to mount the UMOC motor controller and the high voltage junction box. The 'anti-vibration' mounts are slices of silicone from a tube that cured before I could finish using it.



The batteries in the lower rear box are being connected. 14ga wire is run to each battery. Initially I thought of using twenty 12V chargers, but now the wires are used to sense and record each battery's voltage.

These East Penn batteries keep peeing all over everything. In a failed attempt to control the acid, I cut up kitchen sponge/towels, soaked them in a baking soda solution, and placed the around all the filler holes. Later they all disintegrated.



It looks better when covered up.




Then the upper rear rack was installed and populated.


1 comment:

  1. Are you still working on your disco? I'm about to convert an '04. Love to hear your progress. Email me at craftsmanoncall@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete