Friday, October 2, 2009

Air Conditioning

A few days ago I ordered a Masterflux Sierra 05 air conditioning compressor with controller and wiring from ReVolt. Total is around $1200, but this is Africa and summers are real hot.
This should connect to the factory LR evaporator and condenser.

update1: This turned out to be a pain. Hoses to connect the tow did not exist. I had to take the LR original hoses and have the ends cut from them and welded (pewter, I was told) to new hoses that connect to the compressor.

update2: I went to install the hoses and fill the system only to discover that the hoses I had made were stolen. (A few other things were stolen too) No, the hoses will not be useful for anyone else on this continent, but they were new-looking and thought valuable by the thief. No luck so far in finding ANYONE who can fabricate new hoses.



No comments:

Post a Comment