Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Motor and Controller

Today I ordered the motor and controller. I chose a used Solectria AC55 motor with UMOC445 controller for sale from EVComponents. (EVComponents had quite a bit of trouble not long after my purchase and I believe it is now in bankruptcy.)
It was priced right at $3500, and shipping to Atlanta was $500. The plan is for the motor, controller, and batteries to come in the container of a friend who is moving here from Atlanta.
I think the newer version of motor and controller (from Azure Dynamics, Solectria died a long time ago) is around $10k. I chose this combination because:
1. good price
2. matched motor/controller
3. able to handle the power to move this vehicle, which I think will weigh around 5500lbs when all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment